NEWCOMERS AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS TO CANADA
Who should register online through the International Welcome Centre?
► Grade 1 to Grade 12 students born in Canada, and who DO NOT speak English as their home language.
► Kindergarten to Grade 12 students born outside Canada, regardless of language spoken at home.
► Parent/legal guardian is neither a Canadian or a Permanent Resident. This applies even if the child was born in Canada.
► Former students, who meet any of the criteria listed above, who were withdrawn from ASDE and have returned. We need to verify their status, again, to ensure the student is eligible for a provincially funded education in New Brunswick.
*Students must be physically in the province to pre-register online and begin the registration process.
PRE-KINDERGARTEN AND STUDENTS NEW TO ASD-EAST
If your child was born in Canada and English is their first language, you will need to complete this online form.
Complete the pre-registration if:
► the child has never been registered for school in New Brunswick, including Kindergarten
► or the child is moving from another school district
Once the online pre-registration is complete, your childs school will contact you to finalize the registration.
The following physical documentation is required for registration at the school:
- Birth Certificate
- Medicare Card
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Residence (copy of phone/electric bill, etc.)
For additional information, please contact your neighborhood school.
Registration information for children who turn five before the end of December.
Who should make an appointment to register at the International Welcome Centre?
- Kindergarten to Grade 12 students born in Canada who DO NOT speak English as their primary language at home.
- Kindergarten to Grade 12 students born outside Canada, regardless of language spoken at home.
- Kindergarten to Grade 12 students with an international birth certificate.
- Parent or legal guardian is neither Canadian nor Permanent Resident.
Students must be physically in the province to pre-register online and begin the registration process.
- A form must be completed for each individual student. Click here to access the SchoolCash form.
- Under Items check Anglophone East School Change Form.
- This form is only for students that are currently enrolled within the Anglophone East School District and are moving to another school within the Anglophone East School District.
- Once this form is received the new school will contact you by the phone number or email you provided to arrange an appointment for proper documentation and student transfer.